Patricia Czepiel Hayes has spent her career helping readers navigate complex information. A graphic designer and illustrator with extensive experience in publication design, her goal is to engage, clarify and inform. She creates balanced, visually interesting layouts, incorporates relevant images, carefully considers white space, and specifies readable type. Her clients have included educational institutions and small businesses. She is well-versed in following brand guidelines.
Owner, Czepiel Art & Design, 2003–
- Designs annual reports, magazines, newsletters, brochures, posters, logos, type treatments. Functioning as an independent contractor, works within an institution’s brand guildelines. Projects are often designed for print and made available for web.
- Works directly with clients, writers, editors, proofreaders, photographers, printers.
- Creates graphics, illustrations and type treatments for print and web use.
- Software: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
Assistant director/publications manager/designer
Office of College Relations, Smith College, 1985–2002
- Designed publications, directed projects, managed staff, worked directly with printers, oversaw print buying and project budgets, created original illustrations.
- Worked closely with publications team.
- Served as team leader, scheduling all stages of production.
- Supervised staff members.
- Design Awards: The Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) design/illustration awards—one gold medal, two silver, one bronze.
B.A., Smith College, Northampton, MA